Department of Corrections

For assistance with recovering identification:  Individuals who did not receive their identification upon discharge from a correctional facility are advised to contact DOC.  If they have discharged and it’s been less than 30 days since they left a facility, they should contact the facility they discharged from. After 30 days from discharge, they should contact the Reentry Services Unit in Wethersfield at the numbers/email below. We will store unclaimed IDs for up to 2 years after their discharge date here at my office in Wethersfield.

24 Wolcott Hill Road

Wethersfield, CT 06109

(860) 692-7869 or (860) 692-6836 (Statewide Services); 


CT Department of Motor Vehicle

For assistance with driver’s license or state identification, see the DMV website for a list of locations across the state.  They have a complete list of what you will need in order to secure your identification as well as the process you will have to follow.

60 State Street, Wethersfield, CT 06161

(860) 263-5700 (Statewide Services)


CT Department of Public Health

Here you will find what you need in order to secure your birth certificate.  There is a vital records office in each of the 169 towns in Connecticut. 

Vital Records Department (Statewide Services)


Social Security Administration

If you need another Social Security card, go to the links listed above and learn what documents you will need, print the application online, and locate the closest Social Security office near you.

Getting a Social Security Card (Statewide Services)