CT JUNIOR REPUBLIC
Description: Children today need help for problems that include emotional and behavioral difficulties, learning disabilities and the results of family and community issues. The courts, as well as state agencies serving children and families, local education agencies, and private referral sources turn to CJR for assistance in helping troubled youth and families.
– Cable Academic and Vocational Education Center
– The Cable Education Center serves Connecticut boys referred by local education agencies and public schools and provides regular, special, vocational and alternative education, as well as transition and enhancement
– Community Programs
– Services located in the community to meet the needs of young people and families before more serious intervention is necessary
– Residential Services
– Comprehensive care, education, recreation and family-focused therapy and aftercare help youth re-engage with their homes, schools and communities.
– Behavioral Health and Wellness Programs
– Programs help youth overcome learning disabilities and other deficits and include transition and related services, so they can return successfully to their schools and communities.
Place: 168 South Main St. Torrington, CT 06790
SUSAN B. ANTHONY PROJECT
Description: Susan B. Anthony Project can accompany you and advocate for you in court or in the emergency room. These can be very stressful or unfamiliar environments. We can also help you decide if you want to contact the police, apply for a restraining order, go for a medical exam.
FOOD ALLERGY SUPPORT TEAM (FAST)
Description: The mission of the Food Allergy Support Team (FAST) is to build a strong, collaborative support team for parents of children who live with food allergies. FAST meets monthly for mutual support and practical advice, occasionally hosts guest speakers, advocates for children and educates the local community.