Description: Family Centers provides many services/programs to support children, adolescent, couples and families in the community.
● Counseling & Prevention services
● Individual,Couples & Family Counseling
● Child & Adolescent Evaluation & Therapy
● Parent Education & Parent Support Groups
● P.E.P (Parent Education Program mandated by CT Superior Court for divorcing
● Focus on Kids programs
● Support Groups
● Wellness Education & Speaker Resources
● HIV/AIDS Outreach Services
● Parent -Teen Mediation Service
Time: Hours: Mon – Thurs. 8 am- 8 pm / Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Place: 60 Palmer Hill Road, Stamford, CT
Contact: Phone: (203)324-3167. Website: http://www.familycenters.org
Description: Eligibility: To receive child support services, the public may complete an application, available on-line or from the Stamford office. A referral is made to the Child Support program if you receive cash benefits (TFA – Temporary Financial Assistance) from the state. The custodial party is required to cooperate with the OCSS by providing any information or documents needed to establish paternity and a child support order. If you receive medical benefits from the state, you may be entitled to Child Support services as well. Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Child Support Services within the Connecticut Department of Social Services is to improve the well-being of children, promote the self-sufficiency of families, and deliver quality child support services, with recognition that to grow and thrive children require the financial, medical, and emotional support of both parents, regardless of their living situation or relationship. The goal of the Office of Child Support Services is to improve the circumstances of children and their families by providing a path to self-sufficiency. This is done by providing the following services:
● Establish legal paternity of children
● Locate non-custodial parents
● Establish monetary and medical support orders obligating parents to support their
● Assist parents in addressing any needs or issues they may have via referrals to other
agencies and / or community resources
● Collect and distribute child support payments
● Modify child support orders if appropriate
OCSS cannot provide help with court civil matters such as divorce and custody actions; parenting and visitation actions; nor can the program provide any legal advice. The program does not ‘represent’ either the custodial party or noncustodial parent.
Place: 1642 Bedford Street, Stamford, CT 06905-4731
Contact: Phone: (203) 251-9417 Toll-free: 1-(855) 626-6632. Website: https://portal.ct.gov/DSS/Child-Support/Child-Support
Roscco Family Resource Center
Description: ROSCCO provides child care services, family literacy and ESL classes, positive youth development services, and training and support to family day care providers at Rogers International Magnet School and Westover Magnet School Family Resource Centers. Eligibility: Resident of Rogers School district or Westover School District
Hours: M-F: 7:30am-5:30pm
Place: Rogers International School, 202 Blachley Road, Stamford, CT
St. Joseph Parenting Center
Description: Saint Joseph Parenting Center is a free community resource center where parents can learn the skills and tools they need to help them through the challenges of parenting and supporting their family. We have been serving families is Fairfield County since 2010.
Every parent receives:
● Individual Case Management and resource referrals
● Hot meal and a bag of groceries to take home after every class
● Free Child Care
● Incentives for attendance after 10 classes and 20 classes General Parenting Program (GPP) is a 28-class parent education program. It is ongoing throughout the year and is for both moms and dads. All classes are offered both in English (Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings) and Spanish (Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings).
Men’s Parenting Program i ncludes our General Parenting Program and the 24/7 Dad
Program which is 12 weeks long. Our 24/7 Dad program is offered on Wednesday evenings in English and in Spanish exclusive to fathers.
Women’s Circle is a support group exclusive to moms offered once a week in Spanish and in English. It is a 12 week program. One must be enrolled in our GPP to be part of the Women’s Circle.
Place: Yerwood Center, 90 Fairfield Avenue, Stamford CT 06902