COVID-19 IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Virtual Employment Support Sessions
No cost, virtual employment support sessions for jobseekers impacted by COVID-19. Follow the link for more details: http://careerresources.org/virtual-sessions/
Meal Distribution Centers
Open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 10:00 am and 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Please bring your child with you for their meals during each of the open hours so that you don’t need to come twice per day. Visit www.csdnb.org for more information.
|New Britain High School||110 Mill Street, New Britain, CT 06051|
|Pulaski Middle School||757 Farmington Ave, New Britain, CT 06053|
|Smalley Elementary School||175West Street, New Britain, CT 06053|
|Smith Elementary School||142 Rutherford St, New Britain, CT 06051|
|A.W. Stanley Park Food Truck||Stanley Street, New Britain|
Story time with the New Britain police department
Live weeknights at 7:30 pm while school is out for coronavirus precautions.
City of New Britain youth curfew 10:00 pm in effect through 3/3/2020
Officers who come across any unsupervised children age 16 and under, are instructed to perform a wellness check, investigate the incident, and assist in getting the child back to their home.
Norwich Public Schools closed until at least 4/20/20.
Perceptions Program will not be in Norwich until 3/31/2020. Moving forward, the agency’s new schedule will be:
- Tuesday in Norwich Behind YMCA on Main St. 9:45-12:00pm
- Wednesday in Willimantic at 109 Valley St. 3:00-5:30pm
- Friday in Jewett City Behind Town Hall 1:00-3:00pm
- Home delivery can be arranged as needed Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning
- At home HIV tests are available please call or text the number below. If you have questions, please call or text (860) 208-0888
United Way has some Mobile Deployment locations open. Please look at the United Way website for announcements of changes.
Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury
- ALL Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Services are still available
- DV Hotline – 888-774-2900
- SA Holtine – 203-753-3613
- No Support groups until further notice
- Updates available on social media
Goodwill Career Center
- Temporarily suspending all in person services
- Online Virtual Services are available: https://www.gwct.org/virtual-services
- Those who are unable to join online, please call 203-581-5040.
STRIVE Fresh Start Waterbury
- Closed to in person at this time
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org text or call 203 433 2867
RIBA Aspira Career Academy
- Closing the doors until further notice as of 4pm March 16, 2020
The Center for Renewal
- open access will be closed until April 6
- open to see clients by appointment only
- Individuals requesting help for any number problems should call 203-910-2234 to set time to see one of our team members
- Clinicians will continue to see clients for treatment
- Relapse prevention group will continue to meet on Fridays
Acts 4 Ministry
- CLOSED Tuesday, March 17th through Tuesday, March 31st
St. Vincent DePaul Mission Waterbury
- Thrift Store Closed until further notice
- Shelter and Soup Kitchen are still open
Windham has closed the No Freeze shelter unless it is below 32 degrees at nighttime.
Generations has put the following plan in place. If an individual believes they may be sick with this virus they should call Generations 860-450-7471 and provide their symptoms. Generations will screen by phone and a nurse will call them back.
PPI, United Services, and CHR are utilizing telehealth services but have staff on site to meet with clients if needed.
WAIM has limited their services to appointment only.
CCAR remains open.